Who Can Join?
ASSMT offers a variety of membership options based on individual experience and intrests ranging from Associate Members to full Certified Membership. These memberships are eligable for Canadian Residents who live or work in Alberta, Yukon and NWT.
Types of Membership
- Associate Memberships are available to any interested persons in surveying or mapping industry.
- Student Memberships are offered to registered students at accredited Technical Schools (NAIT, SAIT, Lethbrige College) or University Programs who are training for a career within the geomatics industry.
- Technician in Training Memberships are available to persons new to the industry or who’s academic or employment experience do not meet the requirements for full certification.
- Certified Memberships are granted to individuals involved in the various fields of Geomatics who's academic and employment experience have been aproved by ASSMT Certification process (see below).
- Recognition and support by a professional organization intent on improving industry standards
- Authorized use of the initials CST (Certified Survey Technologist/Technician)
- Networking of fellow survey & mapping professionals
- Certificate of membership and personal identification card
- Free subscription to ALS NEWS (provided by the Alberta Land Surveyors Association)
- Access to Job Postings thru the ASSMT Website
- Reduced fees for all Society-organized functions
- Representation with other geomatics organizations
- Student members attending recognized secondary educational institutions are eligible for a bursary
What does Membership Cost?
Click here to view our current Application and Annual Fees Structure.
What qualifications do I need?
Click here to view a sample of the required qualifications.
All Certified Member applications are reviewed by the Panel of Examiners, then by the Certification Board and finally approved by ASSMT Council for membership. Applicants are certified based on a combination of education and experience gained in the industry. New Certified Members are approved at one of four levels in their field of expertise:
- Senior Technician
- Senior Technologist
- Registered Survey Technologist
Click here for additional detailed information on our Certification Process.
Upon certification, members are encouraged and entitled to use the letters CST (Certified Survey Technologist/Technician) after their name. New members receive a certificate suitable for framing and a wallet card, which is updated annually.
How do I Apply?
Select one of the following applications to join ASSMT: